Paralegals & Professional Staff Openings
- New York, NY
Under the supervision of the NY Managing Clerk, the Calendar Clerk calculates procedural deadlines and enters dates on the computerized calendar system; acts as a resource for questions regarding court procedure; and files and serves papers in various state and federal courts.
• Accurately and in a timely manner files all court related documents, manually and electronically.
• Answers questions from attorneys regarding court calendaring procedure.
• Performs research on court rules, procedure, and case histories as needed.
• Acts a liaison between the attorneys and the courts.
• Enters litigation deadlines into Compulaw, the firm-wide calendaring system.
• Distributes calendar to all NY litigation attorneys on a regular basis.
• Makes trips to court to file papers.
• Tracks state and federal cases of interest through various databases.
• Retrieves docket sheets and court records.
• Prepares correspondence to courtroom deputies, judges, law clerks and/or outside service(s) as necessary.
• Assists with service of pleadings and other documents in state and federal courts.
• Maintains files of litigation precedents, samples, and pre-printed forms.
Minimum of one year prior similar related experience, knowledge of local civil court procedure; effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to organize high-volume workload and effectively interact with all levels of personnel is essential.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.