Paralegals & Professional Staff Openings
- Wheeling, WV
The HR Assistant will be responsible for the support and administration of Orrick’s benefit programs and will act as a back-up resource to the Benefits Analysts and Coordinator.
• Provide support to Benefits Analysts and Coordinators on benefits administration.
• Have working knowledge of Firm policies as they relate to benefit programs, as well as commonly-used practices and procedures within benefits.
• Maintain the Benefits inbox and hotline.
• Assist in processing eligibility to carriers.
• Have some working knowledge of Federal and State laws relating to disability, workers’ compensation and leave of absence and COBRA.
• Assist with monthly preparation of carrier billings.
• Assist with leave of absence administration.
• Assist with the administration of the firm’s Wellness Program.
• Maintain all benefit files.
• Track benefits materials inventory for all locations.
• Prepare check requests for monthly billing process.
• Provide filing assistance for HR employee files.
1 to 3 years of experience in a professional service environment required; 1 to 3 three years HR or benefits administration experience preferred. Excellent computer skills. PeopleSoft experience desireable. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong service orientation. Solid quantitative skills and attention to detail. Ability to interact with all levels of employees. Ability to multi-task and organize information required. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Orrick is a top ranked global law firm. Founded in San Francisco 150 years ago, Orrick today has offices in 25 cities worldwide. We win high-stakes cases and counsel on innovative transactions, with particular strength in the technology, energy & infrastructure and financial sectors. American Lawyer recently named us to its 10-year “A-List” – in recognition of the firm’s consistently strong financial performance and our culture of collaboration and community service. Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.