Paralegals & Professional Staff Openings
Support Specialist II
- Silicon Valley, CA
Responsibilities:The Support Specialist II position is a mid-level, non-exempt position that under general supervision installs, configures and administers desktop and/or server hardware and software applications, including desktops, servers, peripherals (printers,Cisco IP Phones, video conference equipment, etc.), the Desktop/Network Operating System (NOS), and specific software applications used by the Firm (e.g. iManage, WorkShareNuance PDF Converter; responds to escalated tickets; assist IS&T personnel and vendors with the installation of computer and peripheral computer hardware as required; administers domain user accounts, user environments, file directories and shares, security, and other associated system settings as necessary to fulfill the administrative needs of the Firm; move Firm’s computer and peripheral hardware; additionally, the specialist may be asked to work on special projects as defined by the Information Services Manager.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess a solid understanding of and experience with Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, including Installation and configuration of the Windows NT NOS.
• Proper usage of native server optimization and performance monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as Windows Task Manager and Event Viewer.
• Experience with Dell PowerEdge R series Servers a plus.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of computer networks and how they operate, including:
- TCP/IP operation in a distributed, client/server environment.
- Industry-standard cable usage and operation (e.g. CAT6, UTP, and Fiber cables).
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 a plus but not required.
• Minimum of two - three year’s experience in the use of desktop hardware and Microsoft operating systems is required.
• Proficiency with Windows 7 and Windows 8 desktop operating systems and utilities is required.
• Proficiency in MS Office 2010 suite of products is required.
• Experience with Dell Desktop hardware is a plus.
• Experience with Hewlett Packard printers is a plus.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7 or A+ Hardware certification is a plus.
• Professional certification in Microsoft Office User Specialist and other Microsoft desktop products a plus.
Orrick is a top ranked global law firm. Founded in San Francisco 150 years ago, Orrick today has offices in 25 cities worldwide. We win high-stakes cases and counsel on innovative transactions, with particular strength in the technology, energy & infrastructure and financial sectors. American Lawyer recently named us to its 10-year “A-List” – in recognition of the firm’s consistently strong financial performance and our culture of collaboration and community service.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.